[Dixielandjazz] BMI

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 17:38:16 PDT 2007

Yes Bill:

They are as are their brothers over at ASCAP,  and they have been for
many years,  musicians almost always just roll over and play dead as do
the club and restaurant owners because the legal defense will get to a
figure a lot larger than the fine.    Legal extortion is what it is.

You can also bet that they have their royalties tacked onto all the
musical toys at Toys r Us , K- Mart, Wal- mart etc.  They are shameless
and ruthless in their legal pursuits of any and all sources of revenue,
they have a bite of blank cassette tapes, blank Cds, video tapes, DVD
discs and almost if not all and any other medium to record or playback
any music.

Tom