[Dixielandjazz] BMI

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 19:20:24 PDT 2007

Well here is another Novel Idea from the Trenches:))

How about every Traditional Jazz Society and OKOm musician write a
petition to Congress and collect signatures on it and start the war and
fight back to save live music.   Musicians have always eschewed and
hated Business, and this is what they get for it.   We have QASCAP,
BMI, SESAC, RIAA, and The AFof M and The OFFICE of Copyrights ALL
protecting  us " From ourselves" and all those folks out there looking
to operate live music venues and hire us, and they are closing them
faster than we can open them,  and charging us to do it.   For crying
out loud guys they are getting more money to protect and collect our
money than we even make :  Wake the Hell up !

   Hey Dave Hanson  how about getting the Grand Ole AF of M to do the
same get all the membership to sign it and or start sending out copies
of the petition individually to their congress person, their mayor,
Senator, Alderman and every other and the IRS and Franchise Tax board
top dog pointing out how much money they are losing from tax revenue
because of this outrageous behavior and Mafioso tactics.

Send it to every Lawyer you can find in the yellow pages  who knows
maybe we can find a firm to do a class action suit :))

We should be mad as Hell and Not take it anymore :))   Stop being the
Silent majority of victims and fight back.

Cheers,   viva le revolution !!!!

Tom Wiggins