[Dixielandjazz] Hobby Bands

Kent Murdick kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Fri Apr 13 05:58:36 PDT 2007

It's all about supply and demand.  How many plumbers will come to your
house  and work for free just for the exposure?  My partner "England"
Frank  tells me that in the 50s, Dixieland was THE music for adults and
teenagers in England.  Virtually everyone who could play an instrument
and read music was payed top dollar.  In fact, this was how he became
interested in playing jazz. Then Rock 'n' Roll reared its ugly head.

BTW, look at the early Beatles and you will see this influence.  I
remember learning these Beatle tunes when I was in college and marveling
at the interesting chord progressions.