[Dixielandjazz] Songs which do not have lyrics?

Fred Hoeptner fredhep at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 10 19:19:39 PDT 2007

While I agree with the ideas presented, isn't this a perfect example of an
oxymoron?  My dictionary says that a song "is a short musical composition of
words and music," or "a melody for a lyric poem or ballad."  Of course,
there is a well-known classical piece entitled "Song Without Words."   Oh,
well.