[Dixielandjazz] French Quarter Festival

loerchen2 at aol.com loerchen2 at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 11:11:44 PDT 2007

If any of you are coming down for French Quarter Festival and want something to do Friday morning before the music starts --

We still have some tickets available for our New Orleans Music Colloquium Awards Breakfast.  The Gumbo Shop puts on a lovely breakfast, and we will present "Generations of Musical Achievement" awards (with a slide show, of course) to members of the Roppolo and Barbarin families, and a posthumous award to music scholar Tad Jones.  For my part, I will make a valiant effort to sort out the 8+ different Leon Roppolos that lived in New Orleans during the first half of the 20th century, five of whom played clarinet!

Breakfast starts at 9 AM.  Tickets are $20 at the door (cash only), or -- if you e-mail me by noon tomorrow, I will hold your tickets at the special $15 price....

Sue