[Dixielandjazz] lyrics

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 04:34:55 PDT 2007

Lyrics are important to my feeling the tune is completely in my grasp.  If I
know there are lyrics, and especially when I've heard a recording or live
performance that had vocals, I don't feel like I have the whole tune in me
until I know the lyrics.  I want to be able to play lead, bass line, and
sing if needed.
As a tuba player, I'd rather not play lead very often, it's not my job.  I
enjoy it, but don't want to do it very often.  Singing is something I'll do
out of necessity, my barely-tone voice has been known to start riots at
church camps.

steve