[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: R.I.P. -- Danny Barcelona

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 21:50:57 PDT 2007

Hey Art:

Me too:
And what a small world it is , I too was at that performance at the
Claremont for my first time to hear Louis.
where I was duly impressed to say the least with the man and his music.
 I still  had hope of being a Trumpet man in those days,
but maybe seeing and hearing Danny had more influence on me than Louis
did who knows ??

Sad news of course, R.I.P. Danny you touched more lives than you may
ever know.

Tom Wiggins   Who really was a Kid then  only 16 years young and knew
everything that I wish I knew now :))

well maybe I do but I just can't remember it all at once:))

    Sorry to hear about Danny Barcelona's passing. I remember hearing
him play with
Satch and being called the "Kid" in 1961 at the Hotel Claremont in
Berkeley, Ca.
It' s amazing how quickly the decades zoom by!