[Dixielandjazz] labor costs

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 16:59:39 PDT 2007

Steve mentioned the outrageous $96 $$ an hour for car repairs. My son is an
assistant mgr at the local Buick dealer.His reply is that many people besides
the mechanic (who is poorly paid) are involved in servicing your car, all the
 way from the appointment sec't to the mechanic-and don't forget-the owner in
the  front office wants a cut, likewise the janitor who sweeps up after hours
etc.  And they all drive to work!!
Then there is the cost of the building, insurance, etc. etc. and on and on.
This cost can't really be compared to what a musician might be able to get.

That's why I repair my own  cars!!!                                       Ted