[Dixielandjazz] More Jazz Musicians who carried Guns.

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Sun Apr 1 21:53:33 PDT 2007

Frank Trambauer carried a gun in his music briefcase, my dad related, in
the time both were working for Goldkwette.  He was from Kansas City and
that was still almost a wild west town at the time he was entered the
business and was a rough town. Trumpeter George Rock carried a colt
frontier six shooter in the days when he was on Spike Jones' band same
time my dad was. As for that, dad and I carried shotguns in the car when
on the road in the fall, and on off days we would go quail and pheasant
hunting. The rest of the year we carried fly rods and fished every trout
stream we got a chance to. Made the road a bit less daunting.
Don (I gave up shooting clay pigeons because they're too hard to clean
and taste like mud) Ingle