[Dixielandjazz] From Clarinetist Dan Levinson

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Apr 1 19:40:04 PDT 2007

I'm pleased to announce the arrival of my latest CD on the
Stomp Off
 label:
Dan Levinson & his Canary Cottage Dance Orchestra
STEPPIN' AROUND

Everybody Step
Say It with Music
Mister Moon-Man, Turn Off the Light
California Here I Come
I'll Be With You in Apple Blossom Time
Just a Cottage Small (By a Waterfall)
My Old Kentucky Home
Tuck Me to Sleep in My Old 'Tucky Home
Bethena
Miami
Jeannine, I Dream of Lilac Time
Darling Nellie Gray
Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Wall Street Rag
Come Along My Mandy!
When You Wore a Tulip and I Wore a Big Red Rose
Put On Your Old Grey Bonnet
Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland
The Girl on the Magazine
America, I Love You!
Till We Meet Again
Beautiful Ohio
Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair
Let's You and I Just Say Goodbye

Click on the following link to a page on my website with a printable order
form:

http://danlevinson.com/SteppinAroundOrderForm.pdf

You can also use your credit card or pay with foreign currency by using the

PayPal
 account

loupgarous at aol.com

STEPPIN' AROUND is the successor to
CRINOLINE DAYS, released two years ago.  A year and a half in the making,
I'm particularly proud of
STEPPIN' AROUND.

Of all my albums to date, I feel this one best represents the music in my
heart.

Those of you who have seen me perform know that I am associated with a
variety of styles of music from ragtime to swing, but I have always had a
fondness for early popular songs.

STEPPIN' AROUND
 includes some of my all-time favorites.

I wrote the liner notes myself - all 21 one pages of 'em.  I don't often
indulge in the practice of writing liner notes, but I seized the moment
because I have a personal connection with each one of the songs that no one
could express in quite the same way.

If you've heard the Canary Cottage Dance Orchestra live or on CRINOLINE
DAYS, you'll recognize most of my musical associates -
Matt Szemela, violin,
David Sager, trombone,
John Gill, banjo,
Conal Fowkes, piano, and
Kevin Dorn
 drums.

Half a dozen tracks feature the sensational Victrolian  Vaudeville Quartet -
Bob Kelly,
Scott Brannon, Neal Siegal, and Paul Santino
 - who thoroughly capture the sound of the vocal groups that dominated the
popular music market during the early 1900s.

I am also pleased to feature the angelic voice of Molly Ryan on STEPPIN'
AROUND.  Many of you have seen Molly performing in concert with me, and I
was delighted to have the long-overdue opportunity to record her.

My concept for the Canary Cottage Dance Orchestra was to emulate the sound
of a dance band that you might hear if you stepped into a swanky music
club - in 1917.

Rather than being a re-creation, however, STEPPIN' AROUND features new
arrangements of popular songs from the Golden Age of Tin Pan Alley,
including spirited fox-trots, tender waltzes, brisk one-steps, and dreamy,
sentimental ballads.

The world lost Scott Joplin, the King of Ragtime, in April of 1917, but
justa few weeks earlier it heard the first "jazz" recordings.  The music of
the Canary Cottage Dance Orchestra is an infectious blend of ragtime and
jazz - we like to call it "rag-a-jazz."

Our music is not for the dispassionate, however.  No siree.

Order STEPPIN' AROUND - you'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll kiss fifteen
bucks goodbye (plus
$2.00 shipping and handling).  That's better than the Amazon price will be,
so don't wait for a better deal -
this is it!

Dan Levinson

www.danlevinson.com