[Dixielandjazz] Israel Gorman

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Fri Sep 29 22:08:19 PDT 2006

Mike and all,

I recommend Thomas Woods "glossary of New Orleans musicians and others of
that ilk" titled" The Song For Me".

This is available either in print or in a very manageable CD ROM at a very
reasonable cost. I believe that updates to the CD ROM are available just for
the cost of postage.
I picked mine up at the Louisiana Music Factory a few years ago and
frequently refer to it.

There are 389 pages, most of which give detailed biographies of a multitude
of musicians, and many pages, in the form of an introduction, that give
social and musical background to the world of N.O. musicians.

I cannot print out the info re. Gorman at this time, other than to give his
reported dates of birth, March 4th 1895, and death September 21st 1965.

Thomas Woods can be reached at TBW504 at AOL.com and I can almost guarantee
that anybody interested this music will be delighted when they receive their
copy.

Sorry I cannot copy the reference to Gorman.

Cheers, Glen Page.