[Dixielandjazz] Another good OKOM band for the "Yoot"

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Sep 29 20:28:14 PDT 2006

As someone reminded me off-list, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is still
kicking up the "retro-swing" thing.  I just saw them last week. They
have incredible chops, a great "cool show-biz" attitude and some
really good original tunes. They have even worked more "Trad New
Orleans" sounds into their act in the last few years.

I was really looking at the audience at their show - everything from
teen boppers to 70+ old farts were paying good money to see this act.

If you get their "Live CD" you get a lot of their hits (and stage
patter,) but it really works!

Dave Richoux