[Dixielandjazz] Condon Style

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 13:55:47 PDT 2006

I count myself as one who "cut my teeth" on the "Condon Style." Probably started before I started playing trombone. I was in the Army and a barracks
  mate had a collection of records which included the Commodore series. That
  started it and it went on from there. It is a compulsion and "obsession" IMO.

  The most scintillating and visceral kind of music. It's exciting to the "max."By the way, a cd was released recently which I bought: "Eddie Condon's All-Stars Live
  in Miami '55."

  Very exciting with interesting interludes where it is apparent that Lou McGarity
  had n't been playing with the group in a while, and must have been a last minute
  replacement for either Cutty Cutshall or some other regular.  Bill Davison goes one way on "thats a plenty" and Lou goes the other way. lol.

  It is a good example of the "Condon Style" and a lot of fun. BTW--- George Wettling is such a damn good drummer!!!

  http://myjamspace.com/martynichols
  http://myspace.com/freemarty