[Dixielandjazz] philosofy?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:50:29 PDT 2006

And how about the guitar technique of resting the fingers of the left hand
lightly across all the strings to dampen the notes. The result is a very
pleasant percussive effect.

The guitar player can move his fingers up and down the fingerboard to (1)
get a different percussive sound and (2) impress the audience with his
dexterity and articulation.

This is the technique used by Andre Segovia,Christopher Parkening, John
Williams, and Julian Bream and me.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "works with a banjo too" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com