[Dixielandjazz] Condon style Chicago Dixieland

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Tue Sep 26 12:33:58 PDT 2006

IMHO Eddie Condon's recordings represent the best of what is commonly
thought of as "Chicago Style". The Mosaic label produced several sets
featuring the Condon sound. These are "The Complete CBS Recordings of Eddie
Condon And His All Stars" and "Classic Columbia Condon Mob Recordings".
Earlier Condon Recordings I'd recommend are the Condon and Wild Bill Davison
recordings on the Commodore label which were made from the late 30's thru
the mid-40's.

Some of these early Condon recordings can also be found on the ASV label
which chronicles Condon from the late 20's thru the Commodore sessions.

Another session you may look to would be the famous Coast Concert Session on
Capital with Jack Teagarden and Bobby Hackett and others.

Stan
Stan Brager.