[Dixielandjazz] Transcribing

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Mon Sep 25 09:21:38 PDT 2006

That's true. You can't transcribe the feeling. That's why you play the
solo along with the record. Transcribing for one thing is good ear
training practice. Secondly, I've found that if I have trouble coming up
with ideas of things to do on difficult chords, I see what the past and
present masters have done over these chords. Transcribing can also give
you clues to how some people voice chords.

Mike

d. sleeman wrote:
I am curious to know why people like to transcribe solo's of renown jazz
musicians in the first place.