[Dixielandjazz] special jazz concert in Scottsdale, Arizona

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 11:07:58 PDT 2006

The 52nd Street Jazz Band is returning to the Sacred Grounds  Coffee House on
Thursday, Sept. 28 at 7:30 pm.

We are going to video tape our entire show and produce a  20 minute DVD with
highlights from the evening. This is your chance to get your  10 seconds of
fame by being in the audience as the camera pans the group for  their reaction
to our performance. (The only requirement is that you scream and  yell and jump
up and down throughout the evening:).

This DVD will be used to promote the band and assist us in  getting gigs in
the future. We also plan to have 30 second clips of the show  available on a
website for all to view.

Please join us next Thursday for a wonderful evening of  jazz from the
twenties and thirties. The 52nd Street Jazz Band is the most  popular jazz band in
this area when it comes to Chicago style dixieland and New  Orleans jazz. We
will have a very special guest vocalist....Cheryl Stevens will  be singing songs
from this period. She has recently moved back to Phoenix and we  are
fortunate to be able to enjoy her amazing vocals. For this style of jazz she  has no
equal.

The band, as usual, will consist of Gary Church on Cornet,  Kevin Krull on
trombone, Cheryl Thurston on piano, Danny Shannon on bass,  Madelyn Roberts on
guitar and Caesar Rob on drums.  Joe Hopkins is the  clarinet player and leader
of the group. He formed the band four years ago and  plays often for the
young Lindy Hop crowd led by his son, Dabney (a professional  swing dancer).
Dabney and Janet will be demonstrating the Lindy Hop as part  of the show.

Directions:  Sacred Grounds is located at Scottsdale  Congregational United
Church of Christ, 4425 N. Granite Reef Rd, Scottsdale, AZ  between Indian
School and Camelback Roads.  From the 101 take the Indian  School Rd exit and turn
west and go to the second light (Granite Reef Rd) and  turn right.  The church
is on the right side of the street about 1/4  mile.

SEE YOU THERE!  BRING THE KIDS to a great place to hear great  jazz with NO
Smoking.  Gourmet desserts and coffee are available.   They request a $5.00
donation at the door.

"We are confronted  with insurmountable opportunities"....Pogo

Joe Hopkins
AZ Classic Jazz  Society Vice-President
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band 602-810-5888 or  480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)