[Dixielandjazz] Mound City Blue Blowers.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 20 03:04:56 PDT 2006

> Can anyone offer a suggestion as to a good CD of this group?,

Dear Mike,
As nobody seems to have replied to your query, here is my recommendation:

Vintage Jazz Productions 151.
An excellent cross-section from 1924-1931 featuring the original small group
plus studio bands including musicians Eddie Condon, Pee Wee Russell, Muggsy
Spanier, Jack Teagarden, Benny Goodman, Bud Freeman,  Coleman Hawkins, Fats
Waller, Jimmy Dorsey plus others. It also includes the essential "Tailspin
Blues/Never Had A Reason To Believe In You/Hello, Lola/
One Hour (If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight)" sides.

Timeless CBC-1018.
The later stuff from 1935-1936 with Bunny Berigan and Yank Lawson leading
small groups including Al Philburn,  Eddie Miller, Gil Bower, Forrest
Crawford, Nappy Lamare, Dave Barbour, Carmen Mastren, Harry Goodman, Bob
Haggart, Ray Bauduc, Dave Tough and Stan King.
Happy Bob Cats type stuff, made prior to the formation of the Bob Crosby
band.

Both CDs are currently available from Worlds Records.
As you would assume, I have the complete MCBB sides, covered by the above
Timeless CD plus two Sensation CDs, long-gone - unfortunately.
Kind regards,
Bill.