[Dixielandjazz] Subject: Re: No chordal Instrument, etc.

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:04:57 PDT 2006

Hi Pat,

You ask (concerning B double flat)

The notes in a C diminished chord would be played as C Eb Gb A.  But the
problem is that it really isn't A - it's B lowered two half steps. The
symmetry of the diminished chord is preserved by doing that.  Bbb looks like
A but it really isn't.  It's sort of like Cb (which looks like B but really
isn't).

And regarding the "detuned washboard" -- It doesn't happen to my washboard -
I always keep it tuned with my special ball peen hammer!

Cheers,

Bill "of course I could be wrong" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

ps - hugs to Wendy and you from Bev and me!