[Dixielandjazz] Getting serious for a minute

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:53:06 PDT 2006

Greetings all,

Elazar writes:

>I'll bet you have no trouble playing it in A on your
>washboard. Or do washboards favor the *flat* keys?

Actually, when I practice a new tune on my washboard for the band, I play it
in all twelve keys! That way, I increase my musical powers and am ready in
case the leader calls for modulating the key in the course of a performance
which happens often.

As a result, I can play in F# as easily as I can in concert C.  It's what we
dedicated washboard players do.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "You should hear me play 'Lush Life'" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com