[Dixielandjazz] No chordal Instrument - was Two horn front line

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Mon Sep 18 13:01:59 PDT 2006

Bill, as a fellow washboard player I endorse your system 100%. However, I
have one small problem: when using demisemiquavers as lead notes to the
chords - should one use the same note for every chord, or should one vary
these, say by playing all the lead notes a second below the various notes in
the average chord.

It's really exciting playing a sequence of chords like III.6667 and IV½, but
I find the thimbles keep trying to play the root chord, and preventing this
demands an unusual trait in we washboard players, viz. concentration, and
even knowing which tune we're playing.

Cheers

Bob "All thimbles and thumbles" Smith