[Dixielandjazz] [Trombone-l] Dick Cavett Show

Chris Tune crtune at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 16 11:51:35 PDT 2006

Bill was staff on Merv too.  I don't know whether it was the day or night
show.  The funny story I heard was how, during taping, a musician's waste
basket caught on fire. . .even Merv knew WHO. . .he called out the name of
"you-know-who". . .

It is a testimony to just how great Bill really is, that this was not a
long-term problem for him. Even Merv and those guys knew he was fantastic.

Chris