[Dixielandjazz] Who's where?

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Sat Sep 16 20:25:05 PDT 2006

Recently received a 2-CD set I ordered on-line (JASCD 439, from Jasmine) that I am
listening to now, as I write this, and am being transported back to the 50's, when I would
enjoy Turk Murphy's band whenever he'd show up at the Savoy, on Massachusetts Ave, in
Boston.  (50 years ago?  Ohmygawd, I'm old!)

Would love to know who's playing (and singing) on which cut.  Anyone got any details?  Must
add that, even without that info, this is an incredibly enjoyable pair of CDs, which is playing as
I compose this little note.

Best to all (and hugs, too, thanks to Turk back then).

Larry Swain