[Dixielandjazz] Re: Turk: Music for Wise Guys and Boosters.

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 15 09:27:32 PDT 2006

     My preliminary finding is:

"Music For Wise Guys And Boosters, Card Sharps & Crap Shooters;
Clancy Hayes: Live at Earthquake McGoon's; CD; Roulette SR 25088; ABC
Records ABC 591"

I think it may have come out in 1959, and maybe was reissued in 1970.
I've never seen a CD-version of it.  Jim Goggin's  _Turk Murphy: Just
for the Record_ has it listed on page 85 as having been recorded in
New York City on April 10, 1959.  GEMM (http://www.gemm.com) has a
number of items of this for sale by various places (under both
titles: "Music for Wise Guys..." and "Live at") when you search on
either "Turk Murphy" or "Clancy Hayes".

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "If other people are going to talk, conversation becomes
**      impossible."  -- James McNeill Whistler