[Dixielandjazz] Vale Tom Wood

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 15 02:06:37 PDT 2006

Dear friends,
It is with great sadness I inform you that my dear friend and DJMLer Tom
Wood, died suddenly this morning from a massive coronary.
He had recently returned from managing a successful tour of Britain/Europe
with the Sydney-Zenith Jazz Band.
Tom (67) was in apparent good health, so it has come as a great shock to us.
Our immediate thoughts are with his wife Merle and his daughters.
>From 1991 on Tom, as some of you will know, arranged regular tours for the
Sydney-Zenith Jazz Band to Britain, Europe, Japan and the US and many of you
will have met him at festivals and jazz clubs. The band is also extremely
popular on Australian jazz festival circuit.
This is indeed a great loss to his close friends here and overseas and to
our Australian jazz family.
More details later, as they come to hand.
Very kind regards,
Bill (still in shock).