[Dixielandjazz] Re: Woody Allen

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 12 03:09:07 PDT 2006

Dear Glen,
I will not get involved in the discussion regarding Woody Allen's clarinet
playing, other than to say that I believe that his love for New Orleans
music is genuine and that his heart is certainly with the music.
My copy of the Bunk Project CD (which I enjoy) is on Limelight 514 937
issued by The Decca Record Company Limited, London England from a
Musicmasters Jazz CD 01612-65098.
Banjoist Eddie Davis (the music director) and Woody Allen, cl; are on all
tunes. The sessions were recorded on 14 Feb, 5 & 23 March, 2 April and 24
Sept 1988.
The other musicians involved over this period (but not on all sessions, or
together) were
Simon Wettenhall, Peter Ecklund, t; Dan Barrett, Graham Stewart, tb; Woody
Cynthia Sayer, Todd Robbins, p; Greg Cohen, Brian Nalepka, sb; John Gill,
Giampaolo Biagi, Paul Keim, d.
I have full details of the musicians and tunes for each date, if anyone
wants them.
Titles are:
    In the Sweet By 'n' By
    The Old Rugged Cross