[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan Russell

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 9 14:28:15 PDT 2006

Barbone Street played a gig today with our 11 year old violinist friend
Jonathan Russell. At our local 3 day Laurels Combined Driving Event. Another
there tomorrow. (Horses & Carriages, International Championship status)

He was wonderful as usual. Improving every time we hear him. He's been very
active on the New York Jazz scene. Played with Gully Low at Birdland, sat in
with Wycliffe Gordon and will be playing at the Blue Note soon.

What a great treat. General consensus in NYC is that an 11 year old has no
right to swing so much. Thanks go to Ed Polcer and Vince Giordano who are
also talking up his talent.

Go Jonathan.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone