[Dixielandjazz] Turning off the young

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 20:37:00 PDT 2006

Good advice Dave:

I would just like to add to it a bit,   Do not wait at all when you get
a call for the gig  book it and contract it immediately and get the
deposit as soon as possible otherwise some body will  no doubt undercut
you and steal the gig many times, sometimes even friends of yours who
do not know they are dealing  with the same buyer.   And even some who
do.

Take no gig for granted and no one at their word unless you really
really know them and know that they will pay you anyway if they cancel.
   Even so you should still put it in writing so there are no
misunderstandings about it and you do not also lose a good friend over
a bad situation.   If you do anyway , chances are they were not all
that good a friend anyway, and would have hated you if the situation
had been reversed.

Nice to see us agree on something for a change Dave :))

Tom Wiggins