[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 14:08:07 PDT 2006

Listmates:
  Original msg:"Similar to Sonic Bids Program, for those interested in the latest
Marketing
Tools for their bands.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone"

  <polite snip>
  Strange as it may seem, in my whole life I have never "bid" on a job, though
  I have negotiated many, many gigs and steady appearances as well.

  Now I am "bidding" against some other groups for a dance job, as a "N.O.
  Dixieland Jazz Band." What I don't know about the process could fill a book.
  How does the process usually proceed? Are there "bids and counterbids?"

  If another band underbids me, does the company hiring the band ask for another
  negotiated bid?

  Help!
  http://myspace.com/freemarty