[Dixielandjazz] Re: Not the "Old Left-Hander"!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 1 18:59:24 PDT 2006

Dear Bill,
You said (in part):
> I've heard a theory .............. as a result, the two individuals produced
were identical but mirrored (if that's a word). I know two sets of identical
twins and in each case one is right handed and the other is left handed.

A friend here in Sydney, Oz, Mark Hewitt (who produced the first Bob
Barnard/Ralph Sutton LP [now on CD] recorded in New York) is an identical
twin.
Mark is left-handed, his brother John is right-handed.
Mark is not a musician, brother John played drums.
However, Mark told me this morning, apropos this thread, that he plays
cricket [that funny games Poms and Aussies indulge in] right-handed and John
plays left-handed.
Go figure, as you Yanks say.
DJML lurker, Jack Wiard, emailed me this this morning to say "not only am I
left-handed..I can eat with both hands.....at the same time.....which I
usually do....."
Kind regards,
Bill.