[Dixielandjazz] Re: Not the "Old Left-Hander"!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 1 03:22:41 PDT 2006

> Not quite left-handed; Ian Hill of Australia's Black Mountain Jazz Band and
Fortified Few fame is a left footed/right handed drummer.
 Phil O'Rourke

Dear Phil,
So is Allan Browne, leader/drummer with the Red Onion Jazz Band and other
groups too numerous to mention.
Other Oz left-handers:
Adrian Ford. Piano/trombone.
Charlie Powell. Trombone.
The late Warwick 'Wocka' Dyer. Trombone.
Our band clarinettist Jack Wiard.
There are more here in Oz, but me old brain is a blur at the moment.
The great Tenor sax/cltist Eddie Miller was also left handed. I know. I
spoke to him about it.
It is my firm belief that many (more that the 'national' average) artistic
people are left-handed, which includes a lot of jazz musicians.
Kind regards,
Bill.