[Dixielandjazz] Mississippi Rag Update

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 15:45:40 PST 2006

Hi, Listmates:

I talked to Mississippi Rag contributing editor Bob Byler yesterday, and he
said many people were asking him about what was happening with The Mississippi
Rag and how I was feeling, so I hope you don't consider it untoward if I post
some information for those of you who are subscribers or just plain curious.

Since publishing the October RAG, I've been immersed in reconfiguring my
office. I don't need all the production space anymore, so I've significantly
reduced my office space. Same address, just much less space and a horrendous amount
of time and energy spent moving, sorting, filing and trying to decide what to
keep and what to toss. Also on the plate was reformatting the RAG for online,
and that's nearly done. (I'm very excited about the new look--it's fun
working with color.) Still to do is refiguring ad rates for the new format and the
redesign of the website where we'll post some listings since there aren't RAGs
in November and December. So don't stop sending gig and festival info.

I've also spent a huge amount of time answering hundreds of e-mails from
wonderful subscribers who have sent incredibly endearing messages along with their
e-mail addresses. (If you are one of those people, thank you again.) I really
didn't know how many subscribers would convert to the online RAG, but I'm
happy to say that they are doing so in droves and there are also new subscribers
who specifically want an online publication.

I'm pretty much back to my old energy level and doing well. So, that's it in
a nutshell.

Best,

Leslie Johnson
editor at mississippirag.com OR