[Dixielandjazz] Pop tunes for dixieland 1940s-->

David W. Littlefield dwlit at patriot.net
Wed Oct 25 06:55:37 PDT 2006

While compiling tunes for my fake books, I've noted some composed during the
40s-50s-60s that (are clearly intended to) resemble 1900-ca. 1929 tunes.

"You're nobody till somebody loves you" (1944)
"Five minutes more" (1946)
"Radio" (1969) we've discussed.
"Goodbye my Coney Island baby" (1948)
"Cinderella girl" (1949)
"Music music music (Put another nickel in)" (1949)
"Old piano roll blues" (1949)

Some of these were pop tunes played regularly on the radio, which is how I
learned 'em, and were popular with banjo bands and honky tonk pianists. I
was surprised at their recent vintage.

Any more to add to the list?

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
http://americanmusiccaravan.com  DixFB VOL.2 (C, Bb) available
"BOOK NEWS: click on "Books" click on "Book News"
eMail: dwlit at patriot.net