[Dixielandjazz] FW: Swing Dancers & Young Audiences

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Mon Oct 23 14:09:47 PDT 2006

Addendum: I sang the menu and it worked very well
it's a gimmick, but within jazz: improvisation.
By gimmicks I meant: playing tunes that have no relation
to jazz. A jazz band playing e.g. a tango, no problem. But
a jazz band only playing pop songs, tango's, doing raps,
hiphop, Louis Prima stuff, just to please the audience and
forsaking jazz, is for me, the wrong path. Slipping in some
of that to please the audience: no problem. It's a question
of balance where the emphasis must remain on jazz, i.m.h.o.

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl