[Dixielandjazz] TriState Jazz Society concert Nov.19th

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 22 19:10:11 PDT 2006

Harry (c: DJML and others)--
     I went to CD Baby and ordered your new CD _Full Swing Ahead_, and
i'm listening to it right now.
     My congratulations on some of the tastiest tuba-playing i've
heard in years.  Puts you right up there with the best in the
business.  I especially liked the relaxed style and your solo on
"Struttin' with Some Barbecue".
     Wish i could be in New Jersey on the 19th.

     Dan
>To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
>Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:47:10 -0400
>From: hsalotti at aol.com
>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] TriState Jazz Society concert Nov.19th
>
>   On Nov. 19th 2:00-5:30pm the Tri State Jazz Society (Brooklawn NJ)
>will present the Mason-Dixon Jazz Band. The personnel includes:
>Harry Salotti-tuba, Ralph Clemson-cornet, Pat Kennedy-clarinet,
>Clarence Watson-trombone, Pat Mercuri-banjo, Ray Dealey-drums, and
>Rosemary Benson-Salotti-vocals. Hope to see you there.
  Hello one and all.  I invite you to visit
www.cdbaby.com/cd/harrysalotti to hear the tracks from my new cd,
Full Swing Ahead.  The personal list includes myself on tuba, Joe
Midiri on clarinet, alto and tenor sax, Paul Midiri on vibes, Pat
Mercuri on guitars and banjo, Gary Cattley on bass, Grant MacAvoy on
drums, Steve Schaffner on trumpet, and Rosemary Benson-Salotti on
vocals.  The songs are a mix of dixieland, swing, and a gospel
version of Just a Closer Walk. Hope you enjoy it. Harry

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
** "Education, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from
**  the foolish their lack of understanding." -- Ambrose Bierce