[Dixielandjazz] Alice Spencer and Her Monkey Butlers

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 22 09:31:46 PDT 2006

DJML and others--
     Thought i'd alert y'all to a new CD by Alice Spencer and Her
Monkey Butlers, a new band here in Austin.  As it says on
http://www.alicespencer.com/monkey.htm:

"Alice Spencer & Her Monkey Butlers  perform jazz and blues from the
1920's and 1930's, as well as original material.  The band is led by
singer Alice Spencer with  Mark Rubin  on the helicon  (Bad Livers,
Klezmer Brass All-Stars),  Pops Bayless  on "Chicago Style" tenor
banjo  (Shorty Long, Asylum Street Spankers), Joe Cordi on piano
(Giant City Sextet), and Ben Saffer on clarinet and C-melody
saxophone  (Rubinchik's Yiddish Ensemble, Victrola).
The Monkey Butlers are proud to announce the release of their debut
CD "Joe's Basement".  Please see below for sample downloads.  Thanks
to Pops for the wonderful CD design.
*** For online purchase, please visit CDBaby.com"
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/aspencer

     I've seen her and the band in person and recommend them highly.
The CD (which i'm playing right now) is great!  My buddy Mark Rubin
on helicon really rips it up!

     Dan
**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "Jazz will endure just as long as people hear it through
**      their feet instead of their brains." -- Louis Armstrong