[Dixielandjazz] Boring The Audience

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Oct 22 08:47:03 PDT 2006

jsbarque at netscape.net wrote:

> Dear Don
>
> Chumley is the way it is pronounced.
>
> Chumley by name and, endeavouring to be Chumley by nature.
>
> I refuse to shorten my name to accommodate the vagaries of
> pronunciation. On the other hand, if my name were Cockburn, I would
> definitely use Coburn.
>
> best regards
>
> Cholmondeley

Well, in my case,rather than subject others to try to figure out
Domhnall Aingael, I find it easier to use Donald Ingle, since the Gaelic
does not come easy to the average ear. Being descended froma frugal
Scots line, I now legally use Don for short. Save on ink and w riting time.
So, Cholmondelay, of chum, hang in there. We got you covered now!
Don