[Dixielandjazz] Mound City Blue Blowers "Vitaphone" CD offer.

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 20 10:24:37 PDT 2006

I have remastered the musical bits (5 tracks total, and minus Jack
Bland's "Music Box" piece) from the Mound City Blue Blowers' 1929
Vitaphone shorts "9 O'clock Folks" and "Opry House", the only true
highlights of which are Red and the boys doing "St Louis Blues", "I
Ain't Got Nobody", and "My Gal Sal".  (The other two tracks are a fellow
dancing in long wooden plank shoes with at least Red joining the "band",
and a singularly unimpressive female vocalist singing "Let Me Call You
Sweetheart" accompanied by Red and the boys who offer some slight
redemption to the track by harmonsing in the background on the second
chorus.)

As usual, send me your mailing addresses offline.  I'll collect for an
indeterminate period of time, then prepare for mailing.  Also as usual,
don't expect it anytime soon.  I just like to share,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org