[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Acoustic jam Session starting

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 11:27:02 PDT 2006

Hey you N. California guys:

Martinez is opening up for live music, might wanna check it out,

Ted Schafer's band is playing there on Tuesday nights as well,  now you
can kill two birds  ( or banjoists ) with one stone :))

Subject: Acoustic jam Session starting

      Tuesday night Acoustic Jam in Martinez (concord / pleasant hill /
martinez)

 email  Reply to:             goodstuffguitar at sbcglobal.net

  Date: 2006-10-15, 3:04PM PDT

   The Good Stuff Guitar Shop in Martinez is opening our doors after
hours to an acoustic jam starting Tuesday, October 24th, 8-10.

  We will provide a small PA, you provide your own instruments.

   We want this to be an friendly, informal, jam where local Bay area
players of all sizes, styles, instruments, and talent levels can make
some new musical connections.

   Some guiding principles to keep everyone on track: watch your volume,
take turns, be respectful of the other people jam and most importantly
- HAVE FUN MAKING MUSIC!

   While we love to play loud, amplified music - this isn't the jam to
bring your Marshall 1/2 stack (or any amps to). If you play your guitar
really loud and drown every one else out - we'll ask you to strum
quieter. Drummers and percussionists are welcome - but it probably
needs to be a snare and brushes or hand percussion and keep your volume
in proportion with the rest of the instruments. Banjo players - bring a
mute!

   Even if you can't attend the jam - help spread the word to other
players.

  Directions:
   Hwy 4 – exit Alhambra Ave and take it all the way to Main Street .
Make a right turn and you are at the shop.
   680 North or South – exit Marina Vista or Pacheco and go a couple of
miles to get to downtown Martinez . Main Street turns one-way, you will
have to loop around a few one way streets to reach us.

  Dave and Danny
  The Good Stuff Guitar and Instrument Shop
  Phone: (925) 228-2500
  Hours: M-F 10-8, Sat/Sun 10-5
  Email: goodstuffguitar at sbcglobal.net
  511 Main Street
  (corner of Alhambra Ave. and Main St. – near Pacifica Pizza)
  Martinez , CA 94553

   Banjo, Mandolin, bluegrass, blues, guitar, harmonica, slide, folk,
dobro, swing, jazz, etc. etc.