[Dixielandjazz] For the Trombonists

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 07:40:26 PDT 2006

I am replying mainly to put an exclamation behind your mention of Steve
DiBonaventura on banjo and Gil Corella on tuba.  As far as I know these two  have
only one CD and that one a few years old, but they are awesome.  I  would
probably rather hear Steve's jazz on tenor-tuned banjo than just about  anyone
else.  I have had others comment they can't follow where he takes  the music but
my ears can go there.  A web search on Steve will take you to  several
locations for buying the CD including JazzBanjo.com  But I did not  find a spot where
you could hear samples.

And more directly related to trombones.  Does anyone have a special  strategy
for locating trombonists who can improvise, play from charts, read
arrangements; i.e., with and without music and who want to play Dixieland?   St. Louis
has a great wealth of community bands, orchestras, etc. and sufficient
(though not an oversupply) trombone players in those groups.   But finding one who
wants to play Dixie and OKUM has been a real  challenge.
Ginny

In a message dated 10/15/2006 11:07:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,