[Dixielandjazz] Instrument Germs

Mike millward at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 12 07:38:26 PDT 2006

We have germ phobia! There is some evidence that our constant attack on
bacteria is preventing our immune systems from fully developing.
People don't seem to realize that there are good germs, bad  germs and germs
that are neither.
Just wash the mouthpiece on a rented instrument and wipe it occasionally
with some rubbing alcohol. Your own germs are in symbiosis with you and are
no concern.
Don't forget no kissing because of the germs!!!
As my grandmother used to say "you have to eat a peck of dirt before you
die."

Mike Millward
a dyed in the wool trad jazz fan
millward at bigfoot.com