[Dixielandjazz] Six Flats - The ultimate?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 18:45:36 PDT 2006

Hi Paul, and all,

You wrote (regarding keys):

>. . . there is reason why Chopin's Polonaise was in Db
>instead of C.  On a decent piano, it sounds more resonant in Db and a
>little "plainer" in C.

Well, that's not what my sweet wife, Beverly, would say (she thinks C is
lighter and more airy than Db which she calls "darker, like a rainy day."

But then again, I didn't use a decent piano, I used my electric keyboard
which uses sampled digital information and, hence, could conceivably taint
the result.

By the way . . . your further information on the cycle of fifths was
interesting.

Has anyone made a study of the relationship of fibonacci numbers to the
musical scale?

Cheers,

Bill "Enquiring minds want to know" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com