[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Players

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 2 21:31:22 PDT 2006

About 10 years ago I bought several of the PHJB's Columbia CDs, and
dumped them shortly after.  They clearly have the spark, but it doesn't
ignite.  At least not me.  I particularly disliked the piano player:  a
piano solo where one can follow neither the melody nor the rhythm?  Please.

If they are what most folk consider OKOM, praise God they turned down
the Red Sea Festival and allowed a real band to go and wow our middle
Eastern friends,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org