[Dixielandjazz] Stardust key

Flip Oakes flip at flipoakes.com
Mon Oct 2 19:23:15 PDT 2006

In 1978 I played for a year and a half at La Costa CA., with Murray Arnold,
where Hoagy Carmichael would come in every so often, as he was living in
Palm Springs. Hoagy sat in one Sunday afternoon, and we played Star Dust and
the key was Db, and he called it. After Murray left, I had my own group in
there for a while, Then I started traveling more.

All The Best,

Flip Oakes

Flip Oakes
³Wild Thing Trumpets²
COME AND HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
http://www.flipoakes.com

³To read what Wild Thing Owners say about their horns, click on this²
http://www.flipoakes.com/testimonials.htm

Flip Oakes
2559 Mottino Dr.
Oceanside, Ca. 92056-3421
760-643-1501
760-643-1511 Fax

To Hear the Flip Oakes Wild Thing Trumpet go to
http://www.flipoakes.com/multimedia.htm