[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 04:03:58 PDT 2006

Message: 12
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 23:54:13 EDT
From: eighthst7 at aol.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] New Orleans
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
  Richard Redmond wrote:
  "Ok--so now we have it straight about the  words to the verse of "New
Orleans"  --what about the melody notes?????
Richard Redmond
Palm Springs, CA"

  Regarding my previous post in which I profferred the idea that the lyrics
  should be: "another smile will greet your smiling face." My info comes
  from a recording Frankie Laine made way back in 40's or 50's where he
  uses the "another smile vs. "a glass of wine."

  No idea why he did it. Any how, it's a gorgeous, and "haunting" song imo.

  http://myspace.com/freemarty