[Dixielandjazz] Paul Reid

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Thu Nov 30 14:10:31 PST 2006

Bill;

I searched for a higher authority on "bon vivant" via Google. Here's the definition which was found:

[n. BAWN vee-VAHN] A bon vivant is a person who is devoted to the finer things in life, especially good food and drink. Example: "She enjoyed visiting her uncle the bon vivant, who always provided fine wine and plenty of rich foods." Bon vivant is a French phrase combining bon (good or favorable) and vivant (living, healthy, animated). Vivant is the present participle of the French verb vivre (to live). Near synonyms include epicure and gourmand.

Need I say more?

Stan