[Dixielandjazz] Elephant Stomp

Dr Cave calgoorlie at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 20:28:11 PST 2006

good day to all. Does anyone on the list have any knowledge of the origins of this tune and who might have originally recorded it, please?

I was having a toot with some friends today and our clarinet player, age 80 produced the chords and played the melody of Elephant Stomp. It has a nice ragtime feel and could have come from Jelly Roll Morton. Part A and B are in the key of C and Part C is in Ab. He thinks it was played by English New Orleans Revival bands 50 years ago although he was in both UK and USA at that time.

any info will be warmly received

Dr Cave, lurkist