[Dixielandjazz] Bringing the music to the people.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 14:57:49 PST 2006

A hard lesson I learned many many years ago as a Promoter was that you
are indeed a Fool to try and promote anything to a young (teenage in
particular audience) without enlisting their input and help and
incorporating some of their ideas.

All too often Adults think they know best and simply try to impose
their often narrow minded influences upon a rebellious inquisitive and
hard to get motivated group of young malcontents going thru some
difficult adjustment periods in their lives.

The sure fire way to turn them off and away form what you are trying to
attract them to is to ignore them and what they think, ( right or
wrong)   You often simply cannot TEll them, you have to SHOW them. :))
And let them learn it for themselves while feeling that they actually
had something to do with it and express their own creativity.

Gee didn't most of us do that ?   how quickly we forget. :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins