[Dixielandjazz] Totally off-topic, but....

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 27 15:24:07 PST 2006

>>>I'm always leery of Wikipedia material, but I think this one is right on
the money:

"When Usenet and e-mail users with to respond to a message, they often
want to include some context for the discussion. This is often
accomplished by quoting the original message.

"Usenet standard quoting refers to the practice of preceeding the
original message with a > character on each line, and then inserting
one's responses inline, using no special designation for the author's
messages."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_quoting<<<

That simply describes the standard practice.  I'm talking about automatic ">"s appearing in front of all lines that begin with "From".

'Nuff said.  Too off topic to continue, I figure,

--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org