[Dixielandjazz] Durwood Brown

Hans en Corrie Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Nov 26 01:45:14 PST 2006

I played myself the great LP Milton Brown & The Brownies - Easy Ridin' Papa
(Charly CR 30264)
In 1933 Milton Brown left the Dough Boys and founded his Musical Brownies.
One of the musicians was his brother Durwood who played the guitar. When I
listen to the LP of Milton Brown's Brownies Bob Dunn's amplified slide
guitar takes a lot of attention and I find it difficult to hear Durwood's
guitar playing, that seems to have been pretty good.

Can someone inform if there are other recordings of Durwood Brown so I can
make myself an idea of his guitar playing?

Find an image of Durwood Brown at my web log:
http://keepswinging.blogspot.com/2006/11/western-swing.html

Keep swinging

Hans Koert
http://www.keepswinging.opweb.nl